The Connection Config is where we establish the connection with the platform API by specifying the type of authorization and customizing the calls by writing down all needed headers.
Ultimately this is where we format the connection part of the integration setup pop-up that the user will be filling upon integrating the template before adding it to a task, already connected to their account.
Since we are creating a template for users to fill for their integrations we will leave empty the fields that the user is expected to fill.As we click on Connection Config button, we are greeted with this pop-up:
In it, originally we will find the following options:
1) A Base url field which we fill up to(and including) the version dash.
- remaining url parts will be derived from the specific endpoint used and will vary among Data Types(endpoints)
2) A Required authentication checkbox
- used if the url requires authentication
3) A Use Custom Header checkbox
- used if specified in the documentation of the platform being integrated
- the order of the headers is not relevant
4) Connection note (comment section) - Support HTML
- A Comment section is where you can write / link whatever you want the user to see when he reaches this step. Such as directions or a link in place of a button to navigate them to an appropriate webpage required by the given platform for the authorization process.